If the answer to your question is not listed on this page, please contact our transfer secretary, Computershare.
- Call Centre: 0861 100 930/933 (SA holders)
- Call Centre: +27 11 370 5000 (Non resident holders)
- www.computershare.com (Please select South Africa)
Yes. We have appointed Georgeson, a division of Computershare, to embark on a special project to verify information of all shareholders with a focus on:
- Confirming banking details for electronic transfer of all future dividend payments which eliminates the risk and delays attached to cheque payments.
- Arranging payment of unclaimed dividends and scheme payments that may be due.
- Assisting with dematerialising your shares to enable electronic trading and eliminate the risk of lost share certificates.
For more information regarding Georgeson, please visit the Computershare website or the Georgeson website directly.
Please contact our transfer secretary, Computershare on 0861 100 930/933 or log in to the website and click on the tab “Downloadable forms”.
Yes. Please contact the call centre on 0861 100 930 or log in to the Computershare website and click on the tab downloadable forms.
Please contact our Computershare call centre on 0861 100 930/933 or log in to the website www.computershare.com and click on the tab “Downloadable forms”.
- To change your name on Absa Group's records, please send documents confirming this change (for example, an original certified copy of your marriage certificate, original certified copy of your identity document and original share certificate to our transfer secretary, Computershare. If your shares are in dematerialised format, please forward your share statement, together with the above documentation.
- If your name has changed due to marriage, we require a signed instruction from the registered shareholder, accompanied by an original certified copy of the marriage certificate, identity document reflecting your married surname and original share certificates (if in certificated format) or shareholder reference number (If in electronic/dematerialised format)
- Should your names have been incorrectly captured or a name omitted, we require an application and form of indemnity for the rectification of the register of members to be completed. This can be posted to Computershare’s offices, accompanied by an original certified copy of the registered shareholder’s identity document and original share certificate (if in certificated format) or shareholder reference number (if in electronic/dematerialised format). This form can be downloaded from Computershare’s website under downloadable forms.
Please contact the call centre or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the requirements.
You should contact our transfer secretary, Computershare and ask for a replacement. You will be sent a letter of indemnity to sign and return. A new certificate will then be sent to you. (Please note that there is a charge for this service.)
You should contact your stockbroker, Absa Stockbrokers or our transfer secretary.
Please contact your stockbroker or Absa Stockbrokers on 0860050403, email email@example.com or www.absastockbrokers.co.za under “What we charge”.
It reduces the risk of the share certificates been lost, misplaced or stolen and unnecessary costs of replacement. Shares can only be traded on the JSE if they are in dematerialised form.
In order to sell these shares you would be required to contact Absa Stockbrokers or any stockbroker. Computershare does not allow accounts to be opened solely for a one-off sale of securities.
You should write to our transfer secretary, Computershare, sending original certified copies of the death certificate, letter of executorship, and executor’s identity document as well as the original estates bank account statement.
- For original share certificates (if certificated) or shareholder reference number (If electronic/ dematerialised ); and
- For uncertificated/ dematerialised shareholders Computershare requires verification of the address details for the executor, if this is an institution/attorney, the letterhead will be acceptable.