The widespread concern and publicity around COVID-19 creates the perfect opportunity for cybercriminals to devise scams and launch phishing, sharing of confidential information, or opening infected email attachments.
Please remain vigilant and keep the following important pointers in mind:
- Be wary of any email that communicates great urgency. This ploy is often used to cause people to panic into making mistakes.
- Never respond to any email that entices you to bypass Absa’s security protocols.
- If you are sent an offer that seems too good to be true – it probably is!
- Never share any personal information with unverified third parties.
- Treat as suspicious any email or telephone call from someone purporting to be a government or health official.
Report any suspicious communication to our fraud hotline 0860 557 557.